My name is Francesco Novy and I'm a Web Developer living in the lovely city of Vienna in Austria.
Before that, I worked at Fabscale, a company based in Austria which builds software solutions for coffee roasters. As CTO I was responsible for coordinating our technical team, as well as also contributing to the JS-based frontend application. Before I started this role at Fabscale, I worked as a frontend developer at Cropster.
Apart from programming I love to read, both physical books and on my Kindle. I also like to play tennis or go skiing as well as to play a nice round of Mario Kart or Settlers of Catan with my friends and family.
Things I like to do:
- Manage technical teams
- Plan product development
- Implement interactive charts
- Translate between technical teams & non-technical stakeholders
- Iterate on consistent UI components
- Improve CI workflows (e.g. on Github Actions)
- ... and many other things!
Some work I am proud of:
- Main Cropster application - I lead the effort to migrate an existing SaaS application to a SPA. This included working with charts (via D3.js), a JSON-API, translations and much more.
- Cropster Cup - I developed a Cordova-based iOS and Android app to facilitate sensorial analysis of coffee. This included handling offline use cases and dealing with app stores.
- Main Fabscale application - I developed the frontend of the main application with Ember.js. This included working with charts (via D3.js), a GraphQL API, an external authentication service (AWS Cognito) and much more.
- ember-layout-components - Simply working with layouts in Ember applications, by using algorithmic layout components.
- ember-gettext - Extract & handle Gettext-based (.po) translations in Ember applications.
- ember-cognito-identity - Integrate AWS Cognito into your application.
- ember-prerender - Prerender an Ember application into static HTML pages, using Puppeteer.
- yarn-update-dependency - Simplify deep-updating NPM dependencies via yarn, ensuring all nested dependencies are in sync.